Eradicating Corruption in Nigeria
Accepting that corruption has eaten into our core as a people; my government will use educational programmes and tools, the print media, television and radio stations, physical and online outreach programmes to reorient our people. We will concentrate on the younger generations because we all find it hard to let go of values we’ve learned in our formative years. Finally, I will relentlessly follow and trace national wealth into every personal, corporate or national account they landed in the six decades of our independence.
- Civil Tracing of our National Wealth
The process of following and tracing national wealth will involve a thorough breakdown of the earnings of our country from independence to date. This calls for a review of every kobo previous and current administrations spent out of our national purse and the reasons given for such spending.
- Criminal Prosecution in Cases of Overwhelming Evidence
- Encourage the Study of Law of Equity and Trusts
To help pursue the equitable remedies of following and tracing, graduates who specialised in the law of equity and trusts, forensic accounting, criminology and forensic evidence will be employed in torrents to join or even man the anti-graft agencies, whose jobs it will be to follow and recover these funds for our country.
- Independent Anti-Graft Agencies
My government will constitute independent anti-graft agencies, and ensure it is the best qualified of us who are selected to man their affairs.
Rebuilding the Economy and Job Creation
I am committed to an economic recovery which will benefit every Nigerian. We will fight to ensure resources are adequately allocated nationwide; to ensure rural development, job training, and critical infrastructural investments throughout Nigeria.
My government will work to improve our roads, railways, airports and the use of the internet in community development. We will advance Nigeria’s infrastructure so as to attract businesses and thereby create good jobs across the entire country.
- Create Meaningful Well Paid Jobs
My government will build a strong, sustained economy for Nigeria; an economy where we all come together to work as one united team regardless of our differences.
- Cut Out Wasteful Spending
My government will have zero tolerance for wasteful spending. We will therefore tackle waste, fraud, and abuse of office to make sure our national wealth is spent wisely and efficiently.
- Make Banks Work for Nigerians
My government will strive to fund lending schemes which will ensure banks in Nigeria help secure our recovery, back our youth in their pursuit of good education and back our businesses to create jobs and ensure growth in our economy.
- Effective System of Taxation
The tax collection system in Nigeria is a sham. Therefore, tackling tax evasion, tax avoidance, and tax planning will be important in our economic plan. We will build capacity in global automatic tax information exchange systems, and significantly improve the Federal and States Inland Revenue’s capacity as Nigeria’s tax authority.
Influence of Technology
My government will support and power public & private investments in science, technology, and research. We will use information & communication technology (ICT) to create good jobs in every community in Nigeria.
- Technology as a Tool to Combat Inefficiency and Corrupt Practices
To afford each Nigerian an opportunity to help us build an efficient government, we will strive to connect every household in Nigeria to high-speed broadband at an affordable rate, and help institutions offer free WiFi to the public.
- Encouraging Students to Learn Extensive ICT Skills
At the primary and secondary school levels, basic computer skills must be part of the curriculum.
In support of efforts to educate Nigeria, my administration will set up a Sovereign Education Fund which will invest wisely for the purpose of supporting the education of Nigerians, the training of our educators, and the promotion of the institutions of learning in Nigeria. The fund will award scholarships to highly talented but indigent students, support research, and promote quality training of students in Nigerian schools.
My administration will appoint senior lawyers, and judges who have led very clean pasts and who have no scandals trailing their career in the legal profession into an independent Commission for the purpose of safe-guarding our Judiciary.
Where any particular magistrate or judge is found to have decided up to three cases illogically, such person will be proposed for immediate retirement in accordance with the provisions of our extant laws. Following retirement, the anti-graft agencies will be invited to thoroughly investigate such magistrates and judges.
I will ensure only the best of us are elected into legislative offices. People who will walk into those chambers armed with information to help agree policies which will reflect positively on all of us when implemented.
We will institute an independent remuneration commission for our legislators so…The future remuneration of all legislators in Nigeria will be set and implemented by this independent commission.
Special attention will be paid to electricity production and distribution stations, plants and turbines across the country. CCTV cameras with round the clock vigilance will be installed at all such stations.
- Solar Energy
My administration will develop schemes which encourage the use of solar energy in housing and for industrial purposes.
- Water as a Source of Energy
- Wind Energy
We will also build wind farms across the country and encourage wind energy production on a massive scale – particularly in the more arid parts of the country.
- My administration will support the next generation of arable and pastoral farmers and ranchers throughout the country. We will provide funding and encourage programs which protect and enhance family farms, local food markets, and regional food systems.
- We will allocate resources to the improvement of facilities for distilling and distributing portable piped water to every part of Nigeria including the rural communities.
- I will actively pursue a complete overhaul of our constitutional law. Provisions which only stall our progress will be repealed. Those which only serve to protect the interests of the few who have lead us since independence will be repealed
- We have seen States in Nigeria declare themselves Sharia States – this is unconstitutional. My administration will therefore work towards the implementation of our constitution in every parts of our country.
- The use of extensive intelligence and CCTV cameras to monitor criminal activities in Nigeria. Aside from helping in the fight against corruption, terrorism, violent crimes etc., it will also provide investment opportunities for several manufacturing businesses.
- My administration will work with our communities to imbibe the culture of calling for the intervention of our law enforcement agencies. We will use effective media and internet campaigns to broaden the scope of our people.
- We will revamp INEC to ensure highly qualified men and women take over the organisation and leadership of the commission.
- Our Constitution and our Electoral Act both provide extensive rules and guidance for the processes we are to employ in choosing the people we allow to govern us.
- My administration will push for Constitutional and Electoral Act reforms which will plan for, and allow proven Nigerians in the Diaspora to vote during all general elections.